Girls Inspiring Girls

Friday, November 14, 2014

Hope Or Hope?

           
         I recently got my driver's permit. After getting the permit, I was required to watch several testimonial videos of car accidents involving teens. There was one girl in particular who suffered a terrible accident which broke almost every bone from her waist down. She had multiple surgeries and her left foot was amputated. Of course I felt bad for her because of her injuries, but what made me most upset was the end of the testimony when it said something like, "She is still undergoing many surgeries as a result of the accident. Sarah is making the best of her situation. I internally thought, "Wow. She doesn't have any hope." 

       The Scripture very clearly defines hope as a confident expectation in Christ. Not a "I hope everything works out." My confident expectation is that I have a place in heaven with the One who saved me and gave me eternal life and ultimately peace! 
    
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. 
Hebrews 6:19
       
     
      She's making the best of her situation. That's all. She doesn't have the knowledge of a personal loving God, who promises to never leave her or forsake her. She doesn't know that God has a perfect and special plan for her life. She doesn't understand that He died and took her place on the cross so that she could go to Heaven one day and be a part of His family. All she can do is make the best of her situation.


 I do have hope. I can know that even when life seems completely messed up that God is right there.

For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord, from my youth.
Psalm 71:5




        When everything is going wrong, even when I feel alone, God is with me. I have someone that I can always trust to be there for me when I cry out for help. Just because I put my complete trust in God does not mean that I’m perfect and all my problems are automatically solved, but putting my complete trust in God and knowing what He does is best is much better than trying to make life work out in my own strength.

In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
Psalms 18:6


        This makes me want to shout to everyone from the highest place that God exists and what He did on the cross because I'm quite sure that I would have gone crazy by now if I didn't have God. Thankfully, I do have Christ living in me. One man, who was fully God, came to earth just for me...now that puts it in a different perspective.

~Autumn De Leon

3 comments: